Sequence 1: Configuring the Network with system-config-network
- Select System-> Administration-> Network.
- Click New, highlight Ethernet Connection, and click Forward.
- Highlight the device associated with eth0 and click Forward.
- Enter 192.168.50.X where X is your station number in the Address field.
- Enter 255.255.255.0 in the Subnet Mask field. Leave the Gateway field blank.
- Click Forward, then Apply.
- You should see a new profile attached to eth0 with the nickname “eth0: 1”.
[student @ stationX ~] $ ping -c4 192.168.50.1