Troubleshooting Adaptive Server Data Structures EDB557
- Understand the inner workings of Adaptive Server data structures
- Use dbcc to discover potential data corruption problems
- Identify and resolve different types of data corruption
- Understand how transactions are logged and troubleshoot full logs
- Read and understand the contents of the transaction log
- Use Recovery Fault Isolation (RFI)
- Database Administrators who are responsible for the troubleshooting and repair of Adaptive Servers.
- System Administrators who are responsible for the maintenance of Adaptive Server storage and internal structures.
- Performance and Tuning Specialists who have system and/or database administration responsibility in managing Adaptive Server environments
- Completion of Fast Track to Adaptive Server Enterprise (EDB115)
- Completion of System and Database Administration: Adaptive Server Enterprise (EDB356)
- Completion of Advanced Administration and Troubleshooting for Adaptive Server Enterprise (EDB652)
- Highly recommended - Completion of Performance and Tuning: Configuring Adaptive Server Enterprise (EDB553)
- Minimum 6 months of DBA experience with Adaptive Server Enterprise